These cookies are delicious and moist and perfect for simple birthday ice cream sandwiches. I filled the cookies with a store bought vanilla ice cream (because I wasn’t allowed to make some). But any ice cream would pair nicely. The cookies are delicious plain or with ice cream. they are soft and moist but still can hold up in sandwich form.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- semi-sweet chocolate chips to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer), bean the butter and sugars together until mixed.
- Add in the vanilla extract and eggs and beat until creamy.
- Beat in the dry ingredients.
- Fold in the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Scoop by the tablespoon onto ungreased non-stick baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until light brown and slightly browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Servings:about 61 cookies