Nothing’s better then a Homemade Banana bread to use up those brown spotted bananas that no one wants anything to do with. Well what if I told you I have a perfect recipe to do just that. What If I told you this recipe is not only homemade and delicious, but moist, filling, and healthy! This recipe is honestly so good! By adding oat and whole wheat flour and cutting the sugar in half, this recipe has a great texture and perfect sweetness! next time you have any unsightly bananas crowding your counter top don’t chuck them! make this yummy little tea cake!
Moist Banana Bread: adapted from Cooking Light
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour(make your own by putting old fashion oats in food processor and process till semi-fine)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 flax eggs ( 1 egg= tbsp flax to 3 tbsp water)
- 1 1/2 – 2 medium mashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- Place sugar and butter in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add honey, banana, yogurt, and vanilla; beat until blended. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moist. Spoon batter into an 8 0r 9 inch square pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.